Thursday, February 19, 2009

You would never have guessed this happened but..

I was born with supernatural human powers. My mother told me that I was "different" since I was young, but I had never noticed why until last week. It was a normal Tuesday morning as I was putting on my black Nike shoes for school. As I was heading out the door, my friendly neighbour greeted me accoringly, as he does every morning. Then everything changed. I was walking along the street until I witnessed a huge car accident at the intersection infront of me. I paniced and shouted, "HELP, HELP!" until a few cars finally pulled over. A short fat man with rounded glasses got out of his car and rushed towards the crime scene. It didn't take long for the cops to arrive after the short fat man had called, but when they did, the ambulance followed. They pulled a woman out of the yellow pick-up truck, but couldn't pull the man out from the other vehicle. That's when I knew it was time for me to step in. I picked up the man's white SUV, placed it on the side of the street and ripped the door open. I looked behind me and everyone was just standing still, in awe. It felt as if the world had stopped with the many eyes glazing towards me and the silence once the song Umbrella by Rihanna stopped playing in the man's SUV. Then the ambulance quickly rushed the man to the hospital and no one questioned what had just happened. Soon afterwards, I looked at my watch and knew I would be late for school, so the cop offered to give me a ride. We took a left at the first street until I noticed the big M calling my name. I asked if we could stop at McDonald's for a delicious egg mcmuffin breakfast combo with orange juice and a hashbrown. The cop agreed and mentioned that he was on the edge of starvation anyways. After my meal I headed to school, like normal, and pretended like nothing had even happened; and I swear to you, that is exactly how it all went down.

2 comments:

  1. bonn, this was supposed to be FICTION.
    I've seen you rip the doors off of cars more times than I can count on one hand.

    p.s. love the Nike product placement ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how we became friends.
    If you remember way back, that "man" you rescued was I, Lerrance Berton.

    You even brought me McDonalds at the hospital, stop making everyone believe this is untrue.

    You made it look as easy as the "hypocrite".

    ReplyDelete