You probably won't recognize me, for I am one of tons,
But loneliness does not suffice in those, more popular ones.
They get to tumble in the dirt or on a nice wood court,
As I wait for someone brave enough to play this water sport.
I guess sometimes that you could say I hide out in the crowd,
But it keeps me safe and invisible from distant rainy clouds.
I'm thankful that my element is one that keeps me clean,
And that smell, it tastes so good, it's got to be chlorine.
I like to change the clothes I wear, from yellow, black to pink,
I only weigh four hundred grams, so I know I'll never sink.
I love impressing all those girls with one piece bathing suits,
It beats a summer's dress that's topped with tights and cowboy boots.
I guess the guys are alright too, some speedos are divine,
Though there are times I'd like to say, "Shorts would do you fine."
I must admit that I feel bad when someone's face hits mine,
It surely puts an influence on my rounded fractured spine.
I may not have a lot of friends, my heart may seem real hollow,
I may not be the greatest one, or important like Apollo.
But I can guarantee you this, I love what I do best,
If you do not agree with me, then this I will suggest.
Play the game that I keep going, prove me that I'm wrong,
If you cannot surpass the hole, then you do not belong.
Pass me in the water, or in the air if clear,
If I am sunk beneath the surface, don't worry, I'll appear.
I'm a water polo ball, if you don't already know,
I was born late 19th Century, so not too long ago.
I may not be that popular, or someone you'd befriend,
But I'll swim by your side, from the shallow to deep end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
BRILLIANT POEM CHENNER :)
ReplyDeleteyou are a lovely waterpolo ball
I guess the guys are alright too, some speedos are divine,
ReplyDeleteThough there are times I'd like to say, "Shorts would do you fine."
I must admit that I feel bad when someone's face hits mine,
It surely puts an influence on my rounded fractured spine.
YEA THAT'S RIGHT. Well according to AS, the water only helps the spine. Well you know what? It doesn't, it really doesn't. Just go run a triatholon, and get back to me...
FS?
you should have wrote about rugby tooo! :P
ReplyDeletei say you and i should boycott our "captain"...
we'd do a better job ;)