
In the future, I wish to work for the government as a city planner. I plan to work towards this goal by attending post-secondary school at Ryerson University, in Toronto, for Urban and Regional Planning. I figured out that I wanted to become a planner because of my interest in autoCAD, technological design and the environment. I became interested in these things because my initial goal since elementary school was to become an interior designer. When I was introduced to the tech design class in high school, I immediately took interest in having the ability to construct an object out of nothing but materials. I took the technological design class all through high school because I found it interesting and because I enjoyed working with both computers and with construction. When I began the course in grade nine I had Mr. Watson as a teacher but got used to the teaching strategies of Mr. Tchorz. Even though we only had two optional electives in grade nine, I knew that integrated tech was one that I had to take, which lead me to enjoy the autoCAD class moreso than the other tech classes provided. I took the integrated tech class because the opportunity was never given in elementary school and I figured that it would be beneficial if I wanted to become an interior designer. I wanted to be an interior designer because of the home renovating shows seen on television that I would spend numerous hours watching on a daily basis. I wanted to attend Ryerson since grade seven because I wanted to be in the big city and have hands-on experience at a University level. I guess growing up in Stoney Creek made me want a change from the environment so I figured that Toronto would be the perfect distance and the perfect location to attend post-secondary.
No comments:
Post a Comment