When I was seven years old, in grade one, my elementary school traveled to the Butterfly Conservatory in Niagara Falls. The students of Mountain View Elementary School boarded the bus and anticipated the class field trip on a wonderful, sunny day.
When we arrived, we endured many activites in the outdoors before heading into the museum. We were in a room prior to entering the Conservatory, where we learned about different species of insects as well as the iguana that inhabited inside. When we entered the museum, I could feel my heart sink. There were butterflies everywhere (not a coincidence) and the worst part was that they would fly and sit on the shoulders of visitors. I had never been so scared in my life. However, when I saw my friend hold a butterfly in his hand, and feed it fruit, I couldn't stand it anymore. I ran through the tour trail of the Conservatory, trying to find an exit. When I found it, I sat outside and patiently waited for my class, in tears.
Since that day, I realized I had mottephobia. I never wanted to see a butterfly in my life, again (didn't happen, by the way). Because of this incident, I have also been afraid of insects that resemble butterflies, such as moths and ladybugs. Good times, but not really.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Let's get real here.
ReplyDeleteWe're going to this place again, so you can be a hypocrite.. and I can write about you.
33 will gladly join...
"Ew I hate butterflies"
"That one is cute Bonnie"
HYPOCRITE
1.EM
Ew I hate butterflies
ReplyDeletegood times,
ReplyDeletenot really
good one chen
I like butterflies...
ReplyDeletei acutally remember this
ReplyDeletegoodtimesss
and yeah i hate butterflies too, so scary