Tuesday, June 16, 2009

THIS IS IT...

=).

January 30th begun the day we stepped into 143,
In hopes to learn and laugh each day with happiness and glee.
Although this year has gone so fast, it's hard to recap on the past,
But now we're off and leaving what we thought and hoped would last.
Writers craft has taught me essay styles I've never heard,
It taught me how to organize these things that I call words.
I never thought the work load would exceed my expectations,
I never thought I'd see the day I wrote in bare frustration.
For many years I hadn't known that writer's block existed,
That it could leave my mind so stressed, so empty and so twisted.
But now the class is over and I feel upset to leave,
For this is showing closure and the past, a memory.
No more Orchard Park means no more writers craft again,
No more Orchard Park means something boring and mundane.
No more Orchard Park means no more Mrs. Hyde and friends,
No more Orchard Park means no beginnings, only ends.
So this is it, my final blog, my final time to rhyme,
I guess that I should post this for it SHOULD be study time.
Why do I deserve an awesome mark?!? Well, HMMM..just let me see,
Perhaps it's 'cause I want acceptance for university!
I think that I deserve a mark that shows my true potential,
Even if it's hard to see in times so circumstancial.
I know I'm not the perfect student, and I know I make mistakes,
But what I've learned from classes proves I've got what life intakes.
Although I almost lost my mind from stress and work and class,
I know that I deserve a mark that shows more than a pass.
Thanks for everything, Mrs. Hyde and I know it's actually Ms.,
But Mrs. rhymes so much easier for a poem such as this.
It's been a great time in your class, for the days that I had shown,
What will happen now without EWC4U? Well, that's unknown.
This poem is starting to fall apart because course codes just don't fit,
But I hope you've seen what I can do in the works that I've submit.
HAVE A GREAT SUMMER, I'll see you down the road,
Wherever it takes us graduates, and whatever life bestows.
TAKE CARE and enjoy the classes that you will teach next year,
As we leave this place called Orchard Park and search for a career.
GOODBYE to all, goodbye to you, this is the end for now,
Thanks for all the tolerance you have shown and have allowed.
THE END!!!!! =(

1 comment:

  1. Bonnie,

    You really do have a knack for rhyming = )

    Overall, it's unfortunate you had to miss so many classes. I'd have liked to push your talents to the limits, but finding time in your busy schedule to sit down and work together was impossible.

    All the best in the future, there is no doubt you will succeed in whatever you pursue!

    ReplyDelete